Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Author's First Post

Hello blog readers!

Hopefully you're reading this blog expecting to gain insight into VIDEO GAME DEVELOPMENT (yeah, lol). First a brief explanation about me and what this blog will be about.

I have a bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, and I went to school to with a dream to be a game developer. Honestly my dream is to end up owning and running my own game company, but I believe I still have a long road ahead of me before I ever get there. I've created several small games using Unreal Engine 3, Torque Gaming Engine, DirectX windows programming, Torque 3D, and TorqueX, which uses Microsoft's XNA game studio.

My future and current plans are gaining 2 masters degrees. One in either computer science, or software engineering, and the second will be for my MBA (so I'm prepared for handling my own business).

I also love all things zombies, and I love just about every single game genre.

That is pretty much it when it comes to me. Not much maybe, but the future posts to come will at least add more to my character so you guys can put a face to the author.

Okay for every post from here on out my aim will be trying to explain my current projects and helping those in the gaming community understand how games are made, and what goes on inside a game company and the gaming industry.